In November I traveled again to Gothenburg Sweden for work
The Lidl provided some Christmas goodies
like this Swedish candy advent calendar. Plopp bar, anyone?
Our company's new lab space is outside of Gothenburg, in Molndal, and right adjacent to the campus of AstraZeneca, my first employer
From Sweden I flew to Italy for a mitochondrial medicine meeting
Protesters over the war in Palestine
Tiramisu is easy to identify
but at one restaurant we had to rely on Google Translate. Hmm, should I get the Pepper's Madness with salami from extinct sheep or the Raw Crazy with the old cow?
Back at home Erin ran in the LHS XC post-season. At the Division 1 All-State meet she finished the 5K in 20:52, #45 out of 141 and #7 for freshwomen. The team finished #5 and then the following week competed in the State meet with all school sizes and finished #7.
Both Lex XC teams finished #7 in the state and with a strong crop of underclassmen and women, should be even better next year
We have a 15 year-old Erin now
Thanksgiving was a repeat of our October feast and once again the roast chicken couldn't be beat
The XC team sponsored a turkey trot 5K on their home course, which has 320 excruciating feet of elevation gain. I accomplished my goal of breaking 29 min, which would have only been 7 min behind Erin if she had run.
At the local Christmas tree nursery they had mini goats
Tessie got in the spirit with her friends up the street
and she competed in her first swim meet of the year. I took this picture at the swim facility to illustrate the sad state of tennis these days. Everyone plays pickleball and some courts are converted to parking lots.
Our big 11 year-old
Caroline is in the top orchestra at LHS, and here they play a Shostakovich string quartet


No comments:
Post a Comment